After Commencement Reception Coordinator
- Plan, coordinate, carry-out the after commencement ceremony reception for the psychology department.
- The chair of the committee (i.e., Reception Coordinator) should be a graduating active member with senior standing or at least one year of membership experience; all other members of the committee should be members with no more than junior standing.
- This position may be reserved for an Executive Committee member, usually the Secretary.
- Have a budget decided upon by the Executive Officers, in consultation with the Advisor and Department Chair.
- Arrange for the room (#1190) and building (Physical Sciences) to be open / available.
- Arrange for food during the reception.
- Arrange for the graduation gift, in consultation with the Advisor and Department Chair.
- Arrange for decorations.
- Advertise the event to graduating seniors.
- Decorate and set up the room - arrange chairs and tables.
- Pick up food and drinks.
- Put out tablecloths on tables and arrange sheet cakes.
- Make punch.
- Coordinate the design and purchase of chapter clothing gear at least once during the academic year.
- Make initial design ideas - include appropriate Psi Chi logos
- Elicit ideas from chapter members
- Finalize design decisions
- Research companies to use - price different options
- Coordinate member purchases - create a list of interested members and their shirt size, and collect money prior to placing order
- Order gear for the members from the clothing printer
- Follow-up to make sure printer completes order in a timely manner
- Pick-up gear from printer
- Distribute gear to members as per pre-order list
Photographer / Social Media Administrator
- See that photographs are taken at Psi Chi meetings and events.
- Work with the Webmaster to keep the chapter’s historical records properly preserved.
- Update and maintain Psi Chi Facebook page relating to EIU chapter goals, activities and events.
- Post photos of chapter meetings and events on the Group's Facebook site.
Public Relations Liaison
- Update and maintain the Psi Chi Bulletin Board Updated; post event news, changes to meetings, etc.
- Update and maintain the Psi Chi Display Case current.
- Serve as a liaison between the chapter and area Psi Chi alumni.
Service / Philanthropy Coordinator
- Coordinate with EIU's Volunteer Office to arrange for chapter service each semester.
- At the start of each semester, review volunteer opportunities available.
- Select 2-3 options from the "Local Agency / Wish List" and 2-3 options from the "Service-to-go Boxes".
- Review the selected options with the Executive committee.
- Consult with chapter members about the selected options.
- Decide on the service activity for that semester.
- Arrange, coordinate, and oversee the selected service activity each semester.
- Maintain chapter website.